Monday, October 1, 2012

Cleaning

Tyson and I decided to create our own little job chart. :) Cleaning the house all in one day is literally exhausting. I tried to do it in one day but it really take a lot of me. It would turn out to go two weeks in between cleaning the bathrooms, dusting, sweeping and mopping the floor. I am pretty good at vacuuming because it doesn't take long and it helps make it feel like the house is somewhat clean. Well, I saw on Pinterest to spend 15 min. a day to always have a clean house. I shared the idea with Tyson and he is totally on bored. I had made a magnetic calendar that I was going to use for meal planning, but I have had it for almost a year and didn't end up doing it. It now just sits in the corner of my kitchen and I just use it for a calendar and for birthdays. I made up some chore strips and every day there is something listed. Tyson and I are "scheduled" every other day and it is working out fabulously! We are just doing it M-F and if we miss a day doing our chores for the week, Saturday is the day to do it. :) Once Kayda gets old enough, she will get thrown into the mix with us. So Monday's are vacuuming the whole house, Tuesday is dusting and windows, Wednesday is master bathroom, Thursday is main bathroom, Friday is sweep and mop. Of course we still do the daily dishes and cleaning the counters and weekly or bi-weekly cleaning of walls (depends on how much dog goober is shaken on them) and other things we find...but this makes me feel like our family is all into this together! We are a team and it's a team effort. Thanks Tyson for being such an AWESOME husband who loves to cook and clean. :) He really does make sure I am staying healthy by helping out when I don't have the energy!

No comments:

Post a Comment