Sunday, October 14, 2012

Just plain old tired

These last two weeks have been a little tough. I have just been, well......tired. I think I have had to take a nap every day since my last post! And, it usually is an hour nap, but it could have been longer. I am so grateful to have a job where I still feel like I need to get things done by a certain time to keep me motivated to get up from my nap and not sleep the afternoon away. AND...K wakes me up from her naps so she keeps me from sleeping all day too. :) On the 3rd of this month, I was finishing up work and getting ready to go to school. All of the sudden my eye started to do some funny things and I started to get nervous. Then, all of the sudden, I could not see out of my right eye. If I looked at K straight in the face, I could not see the right side, I could only see one eye. I started to get more nervous! As time went on, maybe 20-30 min, my vision started to make it's way back. It is really hard to explain the feeling of when that happens. It is like my vision twinkles and I have a weird sensation. From when the whole problem began to when I got it back was only about 45 minutes. I had decided to stay home from school because I didn't feel well and didn't want to risk driving at night. T took K to his church responsibilities that night and I laid in bed and watched tv the rest of the night. When T came home, we put K to bed and I got ready for bed myself. I looked in the mirror and my right eye's pupil was dilated and my left eye was normal. It was the freakiest looking thing ever and I am sure T would agree. :) I called my neighbor since she is a nurse and asked her what she thought. She said (along with T) to sleep it off and if it is still like that in the morning to call my neurologist. So, I went to bed and prayed I would wake up in the morning. I almost thought I was having a stroke or something. Well, I woke up and everything was back to normal. I called my neurologist anyway to inform him of the occurrences and he said it was signs of a migraine. I have had the same vision phenomenon occur twice in my life that I can recall that both had a migraine follow, but I had never had the pupil dilation that occurred with it. I did not have a huge migraine that I actually was waiting to happen. Either my pain tolerance has increased due to the fact that I have headaches all the time, or I forgot about the pain since I was too scared something else was happening. Regardless, this may be the reason I have been so tired lately because of this event. This is what I am associating it too. I will take this over an exacerbation any day! But, two days ago after a nap I woke up and I felt fantastic. I actually had energy to do things! It was awesome. Yesterday was just as fantastic and I don't think I have taken a nap all weekend. So, I am back to the top from being down. All is well and I am so grateful for a wonderful husband and daughter who always just seems to know when to just let me lay on the couch!

No comments:

Post a Comment