Thursday, February 8, 2018

Last Infusion at CHI!!! 9/7/17

Hello there! All has been well with my health these last few months. My last entry was actually written in March and it wasn't published. I got sidetracked which is normal, and now that it has been nearly 6 months I couldn't remember much of what was happening to be able to finish it. Anyway, I have had a UTI and or vaginitis or maybe even both within the last 6 months. This is a common thing and usually get a UTI once a year or so. Regardless, it seems I am doing well. The winter months are approaching so it is time to be a little more cautious. On a really happy note, Tyson was approached by a vice president at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska asking if he was looking for a job. This is a lady who has been friends with for years so they know a lot about each other. He was really looking but asked her for more information. Long story short, this is a job that Tyson has been waiting for for years!! The title is Manager of Reimbursement and he will be managing 6 people. This is great news for me and my health because will be on different insurance which means I can go to my neurologist and all the facilities that she works!! I also get to go back to my internal medicine dr again!!! This makes me so happy and will make the stress of going to CHI facilities when my neurologist doesn't have rights to those places. So, today I had my last infusion at Bergan Mercy! It actually went really well though which was surprising. The nurse I had, named Jess, was really great. My blood pressure to start with was 98/65. Since she noticed it was low and I told her that I usually get really low during infusion, she decided to add a bag of saline along with my medication. Again, after the Benedryl was administered I got groggy quick and fell asleep. During the whole infusion Jess said that my BP stayed between 100-105. That's pretty amazing! Why didn't the others think of that? Oh well. I am not sure if I have ever mentioned this before but during the first hour or so of the infusion, I get these weird jerking/twitching/spasm sensations of my leg. So, I can't really sleep the whole time because it's uncomfortable and weird. It doesn't hurt it is just awkward I guess. I don't know how to explain it. This infusion was about 4 hours, which seems quick, but I got to the hospital at 7:45 for registration and was all done with the infusion at 12:55pm. The same day that Tyson got offered the position we put an offer down on a house to use as a rental property. Whoa!! 2 new things....BIG things...happening in one day. I didn't think I was too stressed, in fact I was more calm as a kitten. :) This is proof that Lexapro works! :) Well, the rental property didn't pan out and all was accepted and negotiated with the job, so the following week I had been soooo tired! I guess I was really stressed. And, with what my blood pressure reading was this morning, no wonder I have been tired. Oh, se la vi! I am also assistant coaching K volleyball team with the Y which is SO FUN!!! I am really enjoying that. Then I am starting a co-ed softball league for the fall which I am worried I don't have the strength, so we will see. It's been a while. I am just happy I can play!!! Until next time. Love you so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment