Thursday, February 8, 2018

Winter---Bleh 2/8/18

Hey!! I have been meaning to update this for sometime now, but life happens and it gets put on the back burner. It just so happens that I took the day off today to be 100% attentive to my sick child. Even though she is 7 and very self reliant, it is nice to take the day off because....I am not feeling the greatest either. We turned on a movie this morning and I had every intention of staying wake...it was 9:30am after all. But, I was the one who fell asleep and K watched it on her own. K woke up at 5:30am this morning in full tears saying her head hurt horribly! We took her temperature and it read 102.6. Her cheeks were nice and red. We both felt something coming on yesterday and it hit her like a brick this morning. The flu season this year is HORRIBLE!! Even for those that had the flu shot it is still hitting hard. Many elderly and children death across the country. Here it is February and we haven't got it, which I have been very grateful and worried about. I have been staying away from church, big events, or anyone that has been in contact with anyone with the flu. I am so glad that I work from home to protect myself from this virus. I still am immunocompromised, but I just don't know to what extent. My white blood cells are normal, but it's my lymphocytes that are 0 and have to stay that way while on my meds. Otherwise they need to increase the dose. This winter has been very, very cold. I am so over it. I can't seem to keep warm without turning my furnace up. The cold is so painful for me, as I guess I am heat/cold sensitive. That is common in MS patients. I just had an MRI done 2 weeks ago and it came back with no new lesions and all seems well. YAY!!!!! I get so nervous getting pictures taken of my brain because I don't want to switch meds again. It's annoying. Lol! But it is such a good feeling that inside of me looks fine. This matches how I am feeling on the outside. I am functioning well. I got another UTI this week. Dr. Zabad said if it keeps up I will need to go see a urologist. I actually asked my internal medicine dr, Dr. Northam, if she would just be able to handle this right now. I get them about twice a year right now, but if it gets to be more I will have to take more preventive measures because of my weakened immune system. I have always hated the winter months with my MS. I got diagnosed in the winter, went 3 years always having my major relapses in the winter, illnesses always go around during this time, it's so blasted cold here in NE, it's depressing, and so anytime between Jan-March can just take a pooey! :) Winter is BBBBLLLLEEEHHH!!! But, I have to go through it every year, so I am trying to find ways to make it be better. Once I find those things, I will be sure to let you know. Chin up and remember I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment